Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Post - the First - Welcome

Welcome to my small engine repair blog.

I am an avid do-it-yourselfer! I use Google and Youtube more than anything else to learn how to get things done. However, sometimes the information that I need just isn't there. So I have taken it upon myself to learn these things in other ways and be the first (or one of the few) to share what I have learned with others who "need to know".

So here is me sharing what I have learned about small engine repair. I am usually quite handy and when I decided to fix my own snow thrower a couple years back, it went about as easy as anything I ever did and it was a lot of fun too.

I put the word out that I was looking for some small engines to "tinker" with. I was really interested in horizontal shaft engines (they seemed to be more versatile). My father-in-law was the first to provide me with some engines - they consisted of a garden tiller from 1975 and a snow thrower from 1955. Both were Briggs and Stratton engines.

You can check out my youtube page and see some of the refurbishing in action. Type in SBLG43 and you will find my channel forthwith.

Thanks again for stopping by and come back often. I hope to be a good source of information for that DIYer who just can't bring himself/herself to pay somebody else to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment